Visitors can enjoy all that Pilar has to offer including the golf courses, university setting, and parks. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its churches. Top sights in the city include Our Lady of Lujan Cathedral and Lujan Zoo.
- There are 46 hotels and other accommodations in Pilar
- The closest major airport is in Buenos Aires (AEP-Aeroparque Jorge Newbery), 29.5 mi (47.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Buenos Aires (EZE-Ministro Pistarini Intl.), 32.7 mi (52.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Pilar
Cultural venues in the city include Las Lilas de Areco Museum, Enrique Udaondo Museum, and Complejo Museográfico Enrique Udaondo. Attractions like Lujan Zoo and Basilica de Lujan are fun for everyone, not just kids. The city is notable for landmarks like Our Lady of Lujan Cathedral, Italy Square, and Luis Saglietti Square.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 46 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Pilar. Here are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- CasaSur Pilar Hotel - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Estancia El Ombu de Areco - Our customers like the pool and helpful staff at this ranch. This 3-star ranch features 2 outdoor pools, free breakfast, and a restaurant.
- Posada de la Plaza - With a stay at this 3-star inn, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Getting Around Pilar
If you want to venture outside of the area, hop on a train at Luján Station. Pilar may not have many public transportation choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Pilar
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 85°F and the nighttime average to be 56°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 75°F during the day and 40°F at night
- July through September averages 66°F during the day and 41°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 84°F during the day and 48°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Pilar is 1.38 inches
- Hottest months are usually January and February with an average temperature of 84°F, while the coldest months are June and July with an average of 42°F