Visitors can enjoy all that Porto-Novo has to offer including the museums, churches, and musical theater. The tucked away and culturally-rich setting also entices those visiting the city.
- There are 31 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Cotonou (COO-Cadjehoun), 19.2 mi (30.9 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Porto-Novo
The city's cultural venues include Royal Palace of King Toffa and Da Silva Museum. Additionally, you might want to add Charles de Gaulle Stadium to your agenda.
As you plan your trip to Porto-Novo, you might not find accommodations centrally located, but you can select from 31 lodging options within the bigger area. Here are places to stay in the area:
- Golden Tulip Le Diplomate Cotonou is located 18.3 mi (29.4 km) from the heart of Porto-Novo. This 3.5-star hotel is a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and helpful staff.
- Benin Marina Hôtel is 18.8 mi (30.2 km) from central Porto-Novo. This 4-star resort in Cotonou features a golf course, a casino, and 2 restaurants.
- Ibis Cotonou is 18.4 mi (29.6 km) from the center of Porto-Novo. This 2.5-star hotel in Cotonou features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking. Our customers like its location.
Dressing for Porto-Novo
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 89°F and the nighttime average to be 76°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 89°F during the day and 75°F at night
- July through September averages 84°F during the day and 75°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 88°F during the day and 76°F at night
- Porto-Novo gets about 51.85 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually April and February with an average temperature of 89°F, while the coldest months are July and August with an average of 75°F