Visitors can enjoy all that Praia has to offer including the cafés, cathedral, and football games. This city also attracts tourists with its rich culture.
- There are 28 hotels and other accommodations in Praia
- The closest major airport is in Santiago Island (RAI-Praia Intl.), 2.6 mi (4.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Maio Island (MMO), 25.6 mi (41.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Praia
The city's natural beauty is on display at Quebra Canela, Prainha Beach, and Santiago. Additionally, you might want to add Estadio da Varzea to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 28 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Praia. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hotel Pérola - This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and proximity to shopping.
- Hotel Vip Praia - Our customers like the breakfast and overall value at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool.
- Pestana Trópico - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its beach locale and room size.
Dressing for Praia
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 78°F during the day and 67°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 82°F, while the average at night is 69°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 85°F with nighttime averages of 73°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 85°F and nighttime averages of 70°F
- Praia gets about 0.24 inches of rain per year
- Usually October and September are the hottest months with an average of 85°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 67°F