Visiting Punta Gorda
Visitors can enjoy all that Punta Gorda has to offer including the coral reefs, forests, and seafood restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its small-town vibe.
- There are 9 hotels and other accommodations in Punta Gorda
- The closest major airport is in Punta Gorda (PND), 5.1 mi (8.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Puerto Barrios (PBR), 34.5 mi (55.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Punta Gorda
Places to visit in the larger region include Nim Li Punit, Lubaantun, and San Antonio Church. Additionally, you'll find Rio Blanco Waterfall in the area.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 9 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Punta Gorda. This is a top place to stay based on our user reviews:
Dressing for Punta Gorda
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 93°F during the day and 67°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 96°F, while the average at night is 71°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 94°F with nighttime averages of 74°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 93°F and nighttime averages of 67°F
- Punta Gorda gets about 1.69 inches of rain per year
- Usually April and May are the hottest months with an average of 95°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 68°F