Luxury-minded travelers will find upscale places to stay in Saint-Tropez, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the waterfront. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cathedral, museums, and cafés. Saint Tropez Citadel, Frejus Amphitheatre, and Frejus Cathedral are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 974 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Sainte-Maxime - Saint-Tropez
- The closest major airport is in Toulon (TLN-Toulon - Hyeres), 27.2 mi (43.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Nice (NCE-Cote d'Azur), 39.7 mi (63.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Saint-Tropez
Cultural venues in the city include La Maison des Papillons, Musee de l'Annonciade, and Museum of gendamerie and cinema of Saint-Tropez. Exploring the waterfront is a top activity, and Port of Saint Tropez is one place to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Saint Tropez Citadel and Place des Lices.
In Saint-Tropez, you'll be able to select from 75 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect vacation. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hotel SEZZ Saint-Tropez - With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and helpful staff.
- Château de la Messardière - Our customers like the breakfast and pool at this palace. With a stay at this 5-star palace, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 2 restaurants, along with free WiFi.
- Hôtel de Paris Saint-Tropez - This 5-star hotel in Saint-Tropez City Centre features a full-service spa, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. Expedia customers like its dining options and breakfast.
Top places to visit outside the city include Frejus Amphitheatre, located 12.2 mi (19.6 km) from the city center, and Frejus Cathedral, which is 12.2 mi (19.7 km) away.
Dressing for Saint-Tropez
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 61°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 38°F
- From April to June, the average is 80°F during the day and 44°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 85°F during the day and 55°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 73°F as the daytime average and 39°F as the nighttime average
- Saint-Tropez gets about 0.91 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 83°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 38°F