Visitors to Sainte-Maxime are sure to enjoy the waterfront and golf courses. Tourists can also enjoy the city's spas and coffeehouses. Around the area, top sights include Saint Tropez Citadel, Frejus Amphitheatre, and Frejus Cathedral.
- You'll find 974 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Sainte-Maxime - Saint-Tropez
- The closest major airport is in Toulon (TLN-Toulon - Hyeres), 28.4 mi (45.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Nice (NCE-Cote d'Azur), 37.9 mi (61.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Sainte-Maxime
The city's natural beauty is on display at Sainte-Maxime Beach, La Croisette Beach, and Saint-Tropez Gulf. Top activities include taking a ferry and golfing, while Sainte-Maxime Golf Club is one place to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Musée de la Tour Carrée and Nartelle Beach.
In Sainte-Maxime, you'll be able to select from 226 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday getaway. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Lou Trelus - Amenities at this aparthotel include an outdoor pool and free WiFi. Expedia travelers love its beach locale and pool.
- HOTEL ROYAL BON REPOS - Our customers like the breakfast and beach locale at this hotel. This 3-star hotel in Sainte-Maxime City Centre features free WiFi, a bar, and a café.
- Hotel Le Petit Prince - This 3-star hotel in Sainte-Maxime City Centre features a casino, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and central location.
Top places to visit outside the city include Saint Tropez Citadel, 2.5 mi/4 km from the city center, and Frejus Amphitheatre, which is 9.8 mi (15.8 km) away.
Dressing for Sainte-Maxime
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 61°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 38°F
- From April to June, the average is 80°F during the day and 44°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 85°F during the day and 55°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 73°F as the daytime average and 39°F as the nighttime average
- Sainte-Maxime gets about 0.91 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 83°F, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 38°F