San Bernardino Motels for the Frugal Traveler
There are 26 low-priced motels in San Bernardino among more than 65 hotels and other accommodations. When you pick one of these budget accommodations, you might not have many of the amenities found in a traditional hotel but you'll save more money to use for your vacation.
When you save on your room price, you can enjoy more of the attractions in San Bernardino. Top sights include National Orange Show Events Center and Auto Club Speedway.
Fun fact: In the U.S., motels boomed at the end of the 1940s with the popularity of car travel and road trip vacations, peaking in the 1960s with over 60,000 properties. When you stay at a motel property, you'll usually access your room from an outside corridor overlooking the parking lot.
Below are a few of our customers' recommended San Bernardino motels to select from:
Good Nite Inn Redlands
- Stay within a 10-minute drive of National Orange Show Events Center and Loma Linda University.
- Enjoy access to the outdoor pool, and freebies including WiFi and parking.
Motel 6 San Bernardino South
- An outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking are available during your stay.
- You'll be located within a 5-minute drive of National Orange Show Events Center and Loma Linda University.
Days Inn by Wyndham Fontana / Rialto
- Enjoy access to the restaurant, and freebies including breakfast, WiFi, and parking.
- Stay within a 10-minute drive of National Orange Show Events Center and Auto Club Speedway.
Knights Inn San Bernardino
- It's located within a quick 1-minute drive of National Orange Show Events Center.
- An outdoor pool and free parking are available during your stay, along with room amenities like a private balcony.
Days Inn by Wyndham San Bernardino/Redlands
- Stay within a quick 4-minute drive of Loma Linda University.
- Enjoy access to the outdoor pool, and freebies including breakfast, WiFi, and parking.
Things to Do in San Bernardino
Take time to check out the great live music and enjoy the top-notch restaurants in this family-friendly area while you're sightseeing. People who've visited San Bernardino have good things to say about its shops, entertainment venues, and festivals.
Must-see local attractions include:
- National Orange Show Events Center
- Auto Club Speedway
Enjoy nature with a stop at:
- San Bernardino Soccer Complex
- Glen Helen Regional Park
These are some attractions the whole family can enjoy:
- Fiesta Village Family Fun Park
- The Lincoln Memorial Shrine
Best Time to Visit San Bernardino
Decide when you'd like to visit San Bernardino by looking over these seasonal weather details:
- The hottest months are typically August and July, while December and January are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 75° F and nighttime temperatures average 42° F
- April-June: 94° F is the daytime average and 47° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 98° F and nighttime averages are around 58° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 88° F during the day and 41° F at night
- Average rainfall is 15.28 inches in a year
How to Get to San Bernardino and Around the Area
San Bernardino Transportation
|San Bernardino, CA (SBD-San Bernardino Intl.) ||Airport ||2.5 mi (4 km) |
|Ontario, CA (ONT-Los Angeles - Ontario Intl.) ||Airport ||17.4 mi (28.1 km) |
|Palm Springs, CA (PSP-Palm Springs Intl.) ||Airport ||48.8 mi (78.6 km) |
|San Bernardino Santa Fe Depot ||Train Station ||1.2 mi (1.9 km) |
|Rialto Station ||Train Station ||4.7 mi (7.6 km) |
|Fontana Station ||Train Station ||8.5 mi (13.7 km) |