Visiting San Rafael del Sur
Visitors can enjoy all that San Rafael del Sur has to offer including its beaches. There are 144 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Managua (MGA-Augusto C. Sandino Intl.), 27.4 mi (44.2 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in San Rafael del Sur
The picturesque setting of Eco-Centro del Bosque Seco Salvador Cardenal and Quisala Beach exemplify the city's natural beauty. Additionally, you might want to add San Rafael Church to your agenda.
As you plan for your vacation to San Rafael del Sur, you might not find accommodations in the city center, but you can choose from 144 lodging options within the bigger area. Listed here are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Barceló Managua is 20.8 mi (33.5 km) from the center of San Rafael del Sur. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Managua can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and an outdoor pool, along with WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and central location.
- Hyatt Place Managua is 21.7 mi (35 km) from central San Rafael del Sur. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Managua can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its bar and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Barceló Montelimar - All Inclusive is located 5.6 mi (9 km) from the heart of San Rafael del Sur. This 3.5-star resort in Montelimar features 3 outdoor pools, a private beach, and a casino. Our customers like its dining options and bar.
Dressing for San Rafael del Sur
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 93°F during the day and 68°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 94°F, while the average at night is 72°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 89°F with nighttime averages of 72°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 88°F and nighttime averages of 68°F
- Average annual rainfall for San Rafael del Sur is 46.18 inches
- Usually April and May are the hottest months with an average of 93°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 69°F