Visitors can enjoy all that Sandefjord has to offer including the art, waterfront, and seafood restaurants. The walkable and relaxing setting also entices those visiting the city.
- There are 9 hotels and other accommodations in Sandefjord
- The closest major airport is in Sandefjord (TRF-Torp), 3.4 mi (5.5 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Sandefjord
A couple of favorite places to visit are Sandefjord Museum and The Whaling Monument. Additionally, you'll find Tjome Golf Club and Moutmarka Nature Reserve in the area.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 9 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Sandefjord. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Clarion Collection Hotel Atlantic - This 3.5-star hotel features a marina, free breakfast, and a restaurant. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and breakfast.
- Scandic Park Sandefjord - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 4 restaurants, along with free WiFi.
- Hotel Kong Carl - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and comfortable beds.
Getting Around Sandefjord
To explore the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Sandefjord Station or Sandefjord Torp Station. Sandefjord might not have very many public transit choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Sandefjord
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 41°F and the nighttime average to be 24°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 65°F during the day and 31°F at night
- July through September averages 68°F during the day and 45°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 53°F during the day and 27°F at night
- About 1.26 inches of rain falls on Sandefjord each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 65°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 25°F