Visiting Santa Cruz
Travelers to Santa Cruz will find plenty to explore and enjoy. There are 27 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Tepic, Nayarit (TPQ-Amado Nervo National), 21.7 mi (34.9 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Santa Cruz
Places to visit in the larger region include Playa Platanitos, Las Islitas Beach, and Matanchen Bay Beach. Additionally, you'll find El Borrego Beach and La Marinera Temple Ruins in the area.
As you start planning for your getaway to Santa Cruz, you might not find the perfect accommodation centrally located, but you can select from 27 hotels and other lodging options within the larger area. Below are places to stay in the region:
- Fray Junipero Serra is 19.3 mi (31.1 km) from the center of Santa Cruz. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Tepic can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its breakfast and central location.
- Fiesta Inn Tepic is 20.5 mi (33.1 km) from central Santa Cruz. This 3.5-star hotel in Tepic features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free valet parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and proximity to shopping.
- Hotel Las Palomas Tepic Express is located 17.5 mi (28.1 km) from the heart of Santa Cruz. This 3-star hotel in Tepic features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking.
Dressing for Santa Cruz
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 87°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 66°F
- From April to June, the average is 92°F during the day and 66°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 94°F during the day and 76°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 91°F as the daytime average and 69°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Santa Cruz is 1.26 inches
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 93°F, while March and April are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 66°F