Visitors can enjoy all that Schull has to offer including the waterfront, university setting, and mountain views. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its museums. Top sights around the area include Dun Na Sead, Bantry House, and Mizen Head. There are 64 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area.
Sightseeing and Staying in Schull
The university setting is a highlight of the city and Schull Planetarium is worth a campus tour. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Schull Harbour and Mount Gabriel.
As you plan your vacation to Schull, the best accommodation may not be in the city center but you'll find 21 hotels and lodging options locally. Here are places to stay in the region:
- Colla, Family Friendly in Schull, County Cork, Ref 953977 is located 0.3 mi (0.4 km) from the heart of Schull. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Bantry can enjoy access to a golf course and 2 restaurants, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and overall value.
- Westlodge Hotel & Pondlodge Cottages is 10.5 mi (16.9 km) from the center of Schull. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Bantry can enjoy access to a full-service spa and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its clean rooms and walkable location.
- The Maritime Hotel is 11.2 mi (18.1 km) from central Schull. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Skibbereen can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its comfortable beds and walkable location.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Dun Na Sead, 8.2 mi/13.2 km from the heart of the city, and Bantry House, which is 11 mi/17.6 km away.
Dressing for Schull
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 53°F and the nighttime average to be 36°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 65°F during the day and 40°F at night
- July through September averages 67°F during the day and 47°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 53°F during the day and 39°F at night
- About 32.05 inches of rain falls on Schull each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 66°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 37°F