Visitors to Sendai are sure to enjoy the hot springs. Tourists can also enjoy the city's theme park, aquarium, and local tours.
- There are 98 hotels and other accommodations in Sendai
- The closest major airport is in Sendai (SDJ), 14.7 mi (23.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Yamagata (GAJ), 22.4 mi (36.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Sendai
Attractions like Sendai Astronomical Observatory, Yagiyama Zoo, and Benyland are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for landmarks like Naritasan Sendai Bunin, Mt. Kamakurayama, and Aoba Castle. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the hot springs and these places to visit: Rairaikyo Gorge, Sendaishi Aobayama Park, and Nishi Park.
In Sendai, there are 98 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect vacation. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hotel Metropolitan Sendai East - This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and a fitness center. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Almont Hotel Sendai - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Aoba Ward can enjoy access to parking and a 24-hour front desk, along with free WiFi.
- The Westin Sendai - Guests who stay at this 4.5-star hotel in Aoba Ward can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and a 24-hour fitness center, along with in-room flat-screen TVs. Expedia customers like its overall value and helpful staff.
Getting Around Sendai
With so many choices for transportation, exploring all of Sendai is simple. You can walk to nearby metro stations including Kita-Sendai Station, Kita-Yonbancho Station, and Kotodai-Koen Station. If you want to see more of the area, hop aboard a train from Sendai Ayashi Station, Sendai Rikuzen-Ochiai Station, or Sendai Rikuzen-Shirasawa Station.
Dressing for Sendai
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 53°F during the day and 26°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 75°F, while the average at night is 36°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 83°F with nighttime averages of 56°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 71°F and nighttime averages of 29°F
- About 47.44 inches of rain falls on Sendai each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 79°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 27°F