Visitors to Shari are sure to enjoy the seaside. Tourists can also enjoy the city's parks and seafood restaurants.
- There are 15 hotels and other accommodations in Shari
- The closest major airport is in Nakashibetsu (SHB-Nemuro - Nakashibetsu), 31.8 mi (51.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Memanbetsu (MMB), 39.4 mi (63.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Shari
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the seaside and these places to visit: Oshin Koshin no Taki Falls, Utoro Onsen, and Frepe Waterfall. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Oronko Rock and Shiretoko Nature Center.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 15 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Shari. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Clione Camp Guest House - With a stay at this 2-star campground, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a spa tub, along with a private spa tub. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bathrooms.
- Shiretoko Daiichi Hotel - Our customers like the breakfast and beach locale at this hotel. This 3.5-star hotel features 2 restaurants, free breakfast, and free parking.
- Route-Inn Grantia Shiretoko Shariekimae - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Getting Around Shari
To venture out into the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Shiretokoshari station or Nakashari station. Shari may not have many public transportation choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Shari
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 44°F during the day and 16°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 67°F, while the average at night is 30°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 76°F with nighttime averages of 49°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 66°F and nighttime averages of 19°F
- Average annual rainfall for Shari is 1.38 inches
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 73°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 18°F