Visitors to Hamden are sure to enjoy the university setting. Tourists can also enjoy the city's hockey games, festivals, and shopping. Around the area, top sights include East Rock Park, Yale Bowl, and Lake Compounce.
- You'll find 122 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of New Haven
- The closest major airport is in New Haven, CT (HVN-Tweed - New Haven Regional), 8.9 mi (14.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Oxford, CT (OXC-Waterbury - Oxford), 12.6 mi (20.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Hamden
The city's cultural venues include Ireland's Great Hunger Museum and Eli Whitney Museum. University life is a highlight in the city and campuses to tour include Quinnipiac University and Southern Connecticut State University. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are East Rock Park and Laurel View Country Club.
This is a top place to stay based on our user reviews:
- Carriage House - Amenities at this 2.5-star hotel include free parking and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and proximity to shopping.
Popular places to see around the area include Yale Bowl, located 6.1 mi (9.8 km) from the city center, and Lake Compounce, which is 17 mi/27.3 km away.
Dressing for Hamden
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 54°F during the day and 16°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 83°F, while the average at night is 33°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 84°F with nighttime averages of 46°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 69°F and nighttime averages of 19°F
- Average annual rainfall for Hamden is 47.83 inches
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 82°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 19°F