Visitors to Shirahama are sure to enjoy the hot springs and seaside. Tourists can also enjoy the city's aquarium and spas.
- You'll find 73 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Tanabe
- The closest major airport is in Shirahama (SHM-Nanki - Shirahama), 6.1 mi (9.8 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Shirahama
Attractions like Adventure World, Tsubaki Onsen, and Shirahama Aquarium Kyoto University are fun for kids of all ages. The hot springs and seaside highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Shirahama Onsen, Heisogen Park, and Shirahama Beach. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Sandanbeki Cave and Shirahama Undersea Observation Tower.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 44 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Shirahama. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Dormitory Sandanya Guesthouse - This 1-star hostel features free WiFi, free parking, and a computer station. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its convenient parking and helpful staff.
- Nanki-Shirahama Marriott Hotel - Our customers like the room size and walkable location at this hotel. This 4.5-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Shinnishiki Hotel - This 3-star hotel features free WiFi, free parking, and a café. Expedia customers like its beach locale and convenient parking.
Dressing for Shirahama
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 61°F and the nighttime average to be 35°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 83°F during the day and 47°F at night
- July through September averages 90°F during the day and 64°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 76°F during the day and 39°F at night
- About 1.93 inches of rain falls on Shirahama each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 87°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 37°F