Visitors to Snowshoe are sure to enjoy the ski areas and mountain views. This city also attracts tourists with its quaint and scenic setting.
- There are 112 hotels and other accommodations in Snowshoe
- The closest major airport is in Elkins, WV (EKN-Randolph County), 33.1 mi (53.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Hot Springs, VA (HSP-Ingalls Field), 33.3 mi (53.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Snowshoe
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the mountain views and Shavers Lake. Top activities include snowshoeing and skiing, while Snowshoe Mountain and Raven Golf Club are sights to visit. In the area, you'll also find Cass Railroad Museum and Cass Scenic Railroad.
In Snowshoe, you'll be able to select from 112 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday retreat. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Serenity Now - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to the ski slopes and free breakfast, along with free WiFi.
- Allegheny Springs - Our customers love the spacious and quiet rooms at this condo. With a stay at this 3-star condo, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room fireplace.
Dressing for Snowshoe
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 58°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 20°F
- From April to June, the average is 82°F during the day and 34°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 83°F during the day and 45°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 69°F as the daytime average and 21°F as the nighttime average
- About 43.46 inches of rain falls on Snowshoe each year
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 82°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 22°F