Visitors to Marlinton are sure to enjoy the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's ski areas, bars, and parks.
- There are 2 hotels and other accommodations in Marlinton
- The closest major airport is in Hot Springs, VA (HSP-Ingalls Field), 22 mi (35.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Lewisburg, WV (LWB-Greenbrier Valley), 31.3 mi (50.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Marlinton
The picturesque setting of Greenbrier River Trail and George Washington National Forest exemplify the city's natural beauty. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Marlinton Railroad Depot and Pocahontas County Historical Society Museum.
This is a top place to stay based on Expedia user reviews:
- Marlinton Motor Inn - With a stay at this 2.5-star motel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and breakfast.
Dressing for Marlinton
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 58°F during the day and 20°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 82°F, while the average at night is 34°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 83°F with nighttime averages of 45°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 69°F and nighttime averages of 21°F
- Average annual rainfall for Marlinton is 43.46 inches
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 82°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 22°F