Visiting Snowy Mountains
Visitors to Snowy Mountains are sure to enjoy the ski areas and mountain views. Tourists to the city can also enjoy its small-town vibe. Top sights in the city include Perisher Ski Resort and Lake Jindabyne.
- There are 251 hotels and other accommodations in Snowy Mountains
- The closest major airport is in Cooma, NSW (OOM-Snowy Mountains), 30.5 mi (49.1 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Snowy Mountains
The city is notable for landmarks like Lake Eucumbene Dam, Mount Kosciuszko, and Big Trout. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the mountain views and such places to visit as Lake Jindabyne and Alpine National Park. Skiing is one of the top activities, while Thredbo Leisure Centre, Blue Cow Zone, and Guthega Ski Area are favorite sights to visit.
In Snowy Mountains, you'll be able to select from 251 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday getaway. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Lions Lair - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and convenient parking.
- Pure Chalet - Our customers like the breakfast and convenient parking at this B&B. With a stay at this 4.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Thredbo YHA Hostel - This 3-star hostel features ski slopes, free WiFi, and laundry facilities. Expedia customers like its helpful staff.
Other top sights in Snowy Mountains include Perisher Ski Resort.
Getting Around Snowy Mountains
With so many ways to get around, seeing Snowy Mountains is a breeze. Head over to Perisher Ski Tube Station to catch metro. To venture out into the surrounding area, hop on a train at Ski Tube Bullocks Flat Terminal Station.
Dressing for Snowy Mountains
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 76°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 44°F
- From April to June, the average is 63°F during the day and 31°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 55°F during the day and 31°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 74°F as the daytime average and 38°F as the nighttime average
- About 1.02 inches of rain falls on Snowy Mountains each year
- January and February are usually the hottest months averaging 74°F, while July and August are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 32°F