Visitors can enjoy all that Sogod has to offer including its monuments. There are 8 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Tacloban (TAC-Daniel Z. Romualdez), 53.2 mi (85.6 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Sogod
A favorite place to visit in the city is Agas-Agas Bridge. Additionally, you'll find Aglipay Church and Hinunangan Town Hall in the area.
As you plan your trip to Sogod, you might not find accommodations centrally located, but you can choose from 8 hotels and other lodging options within the larger area. Here are places to stay in the area:
- GV Hotel Sogod is 5.1 mi (8.3 km) from central Sogod. Guests who stay at this 1-star hotel in Sogod can enjoy access to free parking and a 24-hour front desk, along with cable TV.
- Shore Time Hotel Javier Leyte is 23.5 mi (37.9 km) from the center of Sogod. This 2-star hotel in Javier features an outdoor pool, free parking, and a 24-hour front desk. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and clean rooms.
- GV Hotel Baybay is located 20.5 mi (33 km) from the heart of Sogod. Guests who stay at this 1-star hotel in Baybay City can enjoy access to free parking and a 24-hour front desk, along with free WiFi.
Dressing for Sogod
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 89°F and the nighttime average to be 75°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 91°F during the day and 76°F at night
- July through September averages 89°F during the day and 76°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 88°F during the day and 76°F at night
- About 1.97 inches of rain falls on Sogod each year
- Hottest months are usually May and April with an average temperature of 90°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 75°F