South Woodstock Motels for the Frugal Traveler
In the larger Central Vermont- Killington area, you'll find 17 affordable motels among more than 690 lodging choices. When you pick one of these budget-friendly accommodations, there might not be abundant amenities like you'd find at a traditional hotel but you'll save more cash for your trip.
When you save on your room price, you can experience more of the activities in South Woodstock. Popular places to visit in the larger area include Killington Resort, Okemo Mountain Resort, and Quechee Gorge.
Fun fact: In the U.S., motels became more commonplace after World War II when cars became more popular along with road trip vacations, peaking in the mid-1960s with more than 60,000 properties. When you stay at a motel, you'll usually access your room directly from the parking lot.
Here are some of our customers’ favorite motels in the larger area:
Hillside Inn at Killington
- Located 14.2 mi (22.9 km) from the heart of South Woodstock
- Enjoy the in-room kitchenette, and freebies including breakfast and parking.
Quality Inn Rutland
- A business center along with freebies like breakfast, WiFi, and parking are available during your stay.
- Central South Woodstock is 20.9 mi (33.7 km) away
Main and Mountain Bar & Motel
- Enjoy access to the bar, and freebies including WiFi, parking, and an area shuttle.
- Located 13.5 mi (21.7 km) from the heart of South Woodstock
Happy Bear Motel
- Central South Woodstock is 13.2 mi (21.3 km) away
- Free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking are available during your stay.
Super 8 by Wyndham White River Junction
- 12.1 mi (19.4 km) from the heart of South Woodstock
- Enjoy access to the 24-hour business center, and freebies including breakfast, WiFi, and parking.
Things to Do in South Woodstock
Those visiting South Woodstock have good things to say about the restaurants. As you're sightseeing around the area, be sure to enjoy all there is to see and do.
Here are favorite places in and around South Woodstock:
- Killington Resort
- Okemo Mountain Resort
- Quechee Gorge
These are some outdoorsy places nearby:
- Billings Park and Trail
- Mount Tom Peak
- Marsh-Billings-Rockefeller National Historical Park
You'll find these family-friendly sights in the area:
- Sugarbush Farm
- Union Arena Community Center
- Upper Valley Aquatic Center
South Woodstock is also known for its:
- Horseback riding
Best Time to Visit South Woodstock
Decide when you'd like to visit South Woodstock by checking these seasonal weather details:
- The hottest months are typically July and August, while January and February are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 50° F and nighttime temperatures average 8° F
- April-June: 81° F is the daytime average and 28° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 83° F and nighttime averages are around 42° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 66° F during the day and 11° F at night
- Average rainfall is 37.95 inches in a year
How to Get to South Woodstock and Around the Area
South Woodstock Transportation
|Lebanon, NH (LEB-Lebanon Municipal) ||Airport ||13 mi (21 km) |
|Springfield, VT (VSF-Hartness State) ||Airport ||15.1 mi (24.3 km) |
|Rutland, VT (RUT-Rutland Southern Vermont Regional) ||Airport ||19.8 mi (31.8 km) |