Visitors to Spreewald are sure to enjoy the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its shopping. Top sights in the city include Tropical Islands Resort and Spreewelten Bad.
- There are 126 hotels and other accommodations in Spreewald
- The closest major airport is in Berlin (SXF-Schoenefeld), 35.9 mi (57.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Berlin (TXL-Tegel), 50.2 mi (80.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Spreewald
Cultural venues in the city include Spreewaldmuseum Luebbenau, Holländerwindmühle Straupitz, and Heimatstube Burg (Spreewald). Families come for attractions such as Tropical Islands Resort, Spreewelten Bad, and Spreewaldfahrten Familie Goertz Barge Tour. The city's natural beauty is on display at Sielmann Nature Park Wanninchen, Spree-Lagune Lübben, and Badestelle Mochow.
In Spreewald, there are 126 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect vacation. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- STRANDHAUS - Boutique Resort & Spa - Guests who stay at this 4.5-star hotel in Dahme-Spreewald District can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 2 restaurants, along with free WiFi.
- Pension Zum Schlangenkoenig - Our customers like the room size at this pension. With a stay at this 3.5-star pension, guests can enjoy access to a café and spa services, along with free WiFi.
- Hotel Spreewaldhof Romantik - This 3.5-star hotel in Dahme-Spreewald District features a full-service spa, free breakfast, and a restaurant. Expedia customers like its dining options and pool.
One of the popular sights outside the city is Scharmuetzelsee, located 22.3 mi (35.9 km) from the heart of the city.
Getting Around Spreewald
If you want to journey outside of the area, ride aboard a train from Lübben (Spreewald) Station, Lubolz Station, or Lübbenau (Spreewald) Station. Spreewald might not have very many public transportation choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Spreewald
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 52°F during the day and 26°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 73°F, while the average at night is 37°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 73°F with nighttime averages of 48°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 62°F and nighttime averages of 29°F
- Average annual rainfall for Spreewald is 23.80 inches
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 73°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 28°F