Visiting Tai Tapu
Visitors are sure to enjoy all that Tai Tapu has to offer. Top sights around the area include Lyttelton Harbour, Riccarton House, and Canterbury Museum.
- You'll find 333 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Christchurch
- The closest major airport is in Christchurch (CHC-Christchurch Intl.), 13 mi (20.9 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Tai Tapu
Notable places to visit in the larger region include Lyttelton Harbour, Riccarton House, and Canterbury Museum. In the area, you'll also find International Antarctic Centre and New Brighton Beach.
As you make plans for a getaway to Tai Tapu, the perfect accommodation may not be in the city center but there are 71 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Below are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Waipuna Estate is located in central Tai Tapu. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star country house in Tai Tapu can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- The Church - Luxury Accommodation is located 0.1 mi (0.1 km) from the heart of Tai Tapu. This 4-star hotel in Christchurch features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Our customers like its convenient parking and central location.
- Otahuna Lodge is 1.8 mi (2.9 km) from the center of Tai Tapu. This 3-star hotel in Christchurch features a restaurant, a fitness center, and parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and bar.
Dressing for Tai Tapu
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 70°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 47°F
- From April to June, the average is 64°F during the day and 35°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 60°F during the day and 35°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 70°F as the daytime average and 42°F as the nighttime average
- About 1.42 inches of rain falls on Tai Tapu each year
- January and February are usually the hottest months averaging 69°F, while July and June are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 36°F