Visitors can enjoy all that Taranto has to offer including the monuments, waterfront, and cathedral. Tourists can also enjoy the city's spas and seafood restaurants.
- There are 69 hotels and other accommodations in Taranto
- The closest major airport is in Brindisi (BDS-Papola Casale), 38.8 mi (62.4 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Taranto
The city is notable for landmarks like Aragonese Castle, Cathedral of San Cataldo, and Ponte di Porta Napoli. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are National Archaeological Museum of Taranto and Ponte Girevole.
In Taranto, you'll find 69 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday getaway. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- Il Giardino delle Jacaranda - Amenities at this bed & breakfast include free breakfast and free WiFi.
- Hotel L'Arcangelo - This 3-star hotel features a marina, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Albergo del Sole - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a bar, along with free WiFi.
Getting Around Taranto
To explore the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Taranto Station or Bellavista Station. Taranto might not have many public transportation choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Taranto
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 61°F and the nighttime average to be 42°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 84°F during the day and 47°F at night
- July through September averages 89°F during the day and 61°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 77°F during the day and 43°F at night
- About 1.26 inches of rain falls on Taranto each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 87°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 42°F