Welcome to The Old House.
Hay on Wye, the area in which it resides, is just 50 milesfrom the well-frequented city of Bristol.
Grab a hotel right in the area. There are 2 to select from. Have a look at The Swan at Hay Hotel and The Baskerville Arms. They're within a radius of 2 miles of The Old House.
Reserving a room at the Agent's House Bed & Breakfast, only 4 miles away, is a great option for those who enjoy the comfort and style of high-end hotels.
Be sure to try the robust coffee and delectable treats at EVE'S, aspot close to The Old House. When hunger strikes, have a full meal at Oscars Bistro. This dining establishment is also nearby. And finally, kick off a fun night with some drinks at Tomatitos Tapas Bar.
Other Places to Visit near The Old House
After you're done with The Old House, don't forget to take a look at what the rest of this area has to offer you:
- You and your friends will admire the colorful and thought-provoking creations on display at The Lion Street Gallery, where you can lose yourself while getting your cultural fill.
- Head to Richard Booth's Bookshop and step into the fantastic collection of books, newspapers, information and thoughts.
- Head to Hay Castle if you and your travel group have an interest in historic events.
- The defensive structures of Clyro Castle are astonishingly impenetrable although they are centuries old. Look at the design features with a first-hand tour.
- Be sure to bring your tripod and a good camera to capture the magnificence of Sgwd-yr-Eira.