Visitors can enjoy all that Tumbes has to offer including the white-sand beaches, zoo, and parks. Tourists to the city can also enjoy its walkable location.
- You'll find 18 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Zorritos
- The closest major airport is in Tumbes (TBP-Capitan FAP Pedro Canga Rodriguez), 1.8 mi (2.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Santa Rosa (ETR-Santa Rosa Intl.), 29.6 mi (47.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Tumbes
Favorite places to visit in the city include Tumbes Stadium, Paseo Jerusalem Statue, and Plaza de Armas. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Catedral of Tumbes and Puerto Pizarro Mangroves.
This is a top rated accommodation based on our user reviews:
- Wyndham Costa del Sol Tumbes - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a casino and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff.
Dressing for Tumbes
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 88°F during the day and 71°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 88°F, while the average at night is 67°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 86°F with nighttime averages of 66°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 89°F and nighttime averages of 68°F
- Average annual rainfall for Tumbes is 42.91 inches
- Usually December and November are the hottest months with an average of 89°F, whereas August and July are often coldest, averaging 66°F