Travelers give high marks for the ski areas in Val-d'Isere, which is also known for its spas. Tourists can also enjoy the city's university setting and mountain views.
- There are 188 hotels and other accommodations in Val-d'Isere
- The closest major airport is in Turin (TRN-Turin Intl.), 36.8 mi (59.2 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Val-d'Isere
Skiing is one of the top activities, while Ecole du Ski Francais de Val d'Isere, L'Olympique Gondola, and Centre Aquasportif are favorite sights to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Centre Aquasportif Val d'Isère and Solaise Gondola.
In Val-d'Isere, you'll find 188 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday getaway. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Le Yule Hotel & Spa - With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and the ski slopes, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- L'Avancher - Our customers like the dining options and bar at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
- Hotel Ormelune - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
Dressing for Val-d'Isere
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 61°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 28°F
- From April to June, the average is 82°F during the day and 43°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 86°F during the day and 54°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 70°F as the daytime average and 30°F as the nighttime average
- Val-d'Isere gets about 31.42 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 84°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 31°F