Find Hotels in Val-Thorens
Great deals on hotels, cabins, vacation homes & more from $72
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Feb 21, 2020
Reviewed on Apr 23, 2017
Visitors give high marks for the ski areas in Val-Thorens, which is also known for its spas and mountain views. Tourists to the city can also enjoy its small-town vibe. Top sights around the area include Val Thorens Ski Resort, Trois Vallees Ski Resort, and Meribel Ski Resort. In Val-Thorens, there are 172 hotels and other accommodations to choose from.
Sightseeing and Staying in Val-Thorens
Skiing is one of the top activities, while Val Thorens Ski Resort, Val Thorens Sports Centre, and Bouquetin Gondola are favorite sights to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are SOGEVAB and Cairn Gondola.
In Val-Thorens, there are 172 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect vacation. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Altapura - With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and the ski slopes, along with in-room flat-screen TVs. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and breakfast.
- Hôtel Pashmina - With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and the ski slopes, along with an in-room iPod dock.
- Hotel Koh-I Nor - With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 indoor pools and a full-service spa, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers like its helpful staff.
Top places to see around the area include Trois Vallees Ski Resort, located 5.2 mi (8.3 km) from the heart of the city, and Meribel Ski Resort, which is 7.1 mi (11.5 km) away.
Dressing for Val-Thorens
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 57°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 30°F
- From April to June, the average is 78°F during the day and 39°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 82°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 66°F as the daytime average and 31°F as the nighttime average
- About 1.18 inches of rain falls on Val-Thorens each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 80°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 31°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place for a stay in Val-Thorens?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Val-Thorens, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to Val-Thorens?
What's the best budget-friendly hotel in Val-Thorens?
What's the best hotel for a family vacation in Val-Thorens?
What's the best accommodation for a couple visiting Val-Thorens?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation in Val-Thorens?
What's the best luxury hotel in Val-Thorens?
What's the best boutique hotel in Val-Thorens?
What's the best place to stay to stay near the slopes in Val-Thorens?
Recent reviews of Val-Thorens hotels
More trip options
- Val-Thorens Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Val-Thorens Airports
- Hotels near Popular Val-Thorens Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Val-Thorens
- More Hotel Options in Val-Thorens
- More Popular Hotels in Les Belleville
- Other Hotels near Val-Thorens, Les Belleville
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends