Visitors to Valga are sure to find plenty to explore and enjoy. Top sights around the area include Santiago de Compostela Cathedral, Obradoiro Square, and Pazo de Cultura.
- There are 2 hotels and other accommodations in Valga
- The closest major airport is in Santiago de Compostela (SCQ-Lavacolla), 18.6 mi (30 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Vigo (VGO-Peinador), 32.1 mi (51.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Valga
Santiago de Compostela Cathedral, Obradoiro Square, and Pazo de Cultura are some of the notable places to visit in the surrounding region. Additionally, you'll find Rosalia de Castro House Museum and Torres do Oeste in the area.
As you plan your vacation to Valga, your ideal accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but there are 57 hotels and lodging options locally. Here are places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- Hotel Corona de Galicia is located 1.4 mi (2.3 km) from the city center. This 2-star hotel in Valga features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Casa da Torre is located within 1.4 mi (2.2 km) of the city center. This 3-star country house in Valga features free WiFi, free parking, and a seasonal outdoor pool.
Dressing for Valga
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 63°F and the nighttime average to be 41°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 75°F during the day and 43°F at night
- July through September averages 78°F during the day and 52°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 68°F during the day and 42°F at night
- Valga gets about 1.34 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 76°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 41°F