Visitors can enjoy all that Vaxjo has to offer including the museums, cathedral, and university setting. Tourists can also enjoy the city's parks, temples, and monuments.
- There are 17 hotels and other accommodations in Vaxjo
- The closest major airport is in Vaxjo (VXO-Smaland), 4.3 mi (7 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Vaxjo
Cultural venues in the city include House of Emigrants, Smalands Museum, and Swedish Glass Museum. The university setting is a highlight of the city and Vaxjo University is worth a campus tour. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Vaxjo Cathedral and Linne Park.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 17 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Vaxjo. Here are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- PM & Vänner Hotel - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and 3 restaurants, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and breakfast.
- Easy Livin Apartment Hotel by Stubor - This 3.5-star apartment features free WiFi, free parking, and a sauna.
- TELEBORGS SLOTT - This 3.5-star castle features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
Getting Around Vaxjo
If you want to venture outside of the area, hop on a train at Växjö Station. Vaxjo may not have many public transit options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Vaxjo
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 44°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 22°F
- From April to June, the average is 69°F during the day and 29°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 71°F during the day and 42°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 54°F as the daytime average and 26°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Vaxjo is 0.98 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 68°F, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 24°F