Visiting Veligandu Island
Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Veligandu Island, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the beaches and restaurants. The relaxing and welcoming setting also entices those visiting the city.
- There are 96 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Male (MLE-Male Intl.), 37 mi (59.5 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Veligandu Island
Places to visit in the larger region include North Channel Dive Site, Beyru Kandu Dive Site, and Miyaru Faru Dive Site. You'll also find Madivaru Finolhu and Big Blue Dive Site in the area.
This is a top rated accommodation based on Expedia user reviews:
- Veligandu Island Resort & Spa - With a stay at this 4.5-star resort, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 2 restaurants, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its quiet location and helpful staff.
Dressing for Veligandu Island
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 89°F during the day and 78°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 89°F, while the average at night is 79°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 87°F with nighttime averages of 78°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 86°F and nighttime averages of 77°F
- About 75.16 inches of rain falls on Veligandu Island each year
- Usually April and March are the hottest months with an average of 88°F, whereas November and September are often coldest, averaging 77°F