Visitors are sure to enjoy all that Vero has to offer. Around the area, top sights include Musee Fesch, Ajaccio Cathedral, and Foret d'Aitone.
- There are 405 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Ajaccio (AJA-Napoleon Bonaparte), 11.8 mi (19 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Figari (FSC-Figari - Sud Corse), 39.9 mi (64.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Vero
A favorite place to visit in the city is Cupulatta. In the area, you'll also find Musee Fesch and Ajaccio Cathedral.
As you start planning your visit to Vero, your ideal accommodation may not be in the city center but you'll find 73 hotels and lodging options locally. Listed here are places to stay in the area:
- Located Between sea and Mountain Superb Studio of 31m2 With Private Parking is 1 mi (1.7 km) from the center of Vero. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Albitreccia can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and beach locale.
- Radisson Blu Resort & Spa Ajaccio Bay is located 15.4 mi (24.8 km) from the heart of Vero. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Ajaccio can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and room size.
- Campo Dell'Oro is 11.9 mi (19.2 km) from central Vero. This 4-star hotel in Ajaccio features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and pool.
One of the popular sights outside the city is Foret d'Aitone, 15.1 mi/24.3 km from the city center.
Dressing for Vero
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 61°F during the day and 40°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 79°F, while the average at night is 43°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 84°F with nighttime averages of 57°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 76°F and nighttime averages of 41°F
- Average annual rainfall for Vero is 0.94 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 82°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 40°F