Visitors to Vientiane are sure to enjoy the cafés, riverfront, and local tours. Tourists can also enjoy the city's temples and monuments. Top sights around the area include Patuxay and Sala Keoku.
- There are 143 hotels and other accommodations in Vientiane
- The closest major airport is in Vientiane (VTE-Wattay Intl.), 3.1 mi (5 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Vientiane
The city is notable for landmarks like Patuxay, Laos National Stadium, and That Dam. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Talat Sao and Ban Anou Night Market.
In Vientiane, there are 143 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday getaway. Here are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Crowne Plaza Vientiane - This 5-star hotel features a full-service spa, 2 restaurants, and an outdoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and clean, quiet rooms.
- Phasouk Vien Chantra Hotel - Our customers like the breakfast and overall value at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Salana Boutique Hotel - This 4-star hotel features a full-service spa, free breakfast, and a restaurant. Expedia customers like its bar and comfortable beds.
One of the popular sights in the surrounding area is Sala Keoku, 12.5 mi/20.1 km from the center of the city.
Dressing for Vientiane
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 93°F during the day and 58°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 93°F, while the average at night is 70°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 88°F with nighttime averages of 73°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 87°F and nighttime averages of 57°F
- Average annual rainfall for Vientiane is 2.64 inches
- Usually April and March are the hottest months with an average of 92°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 59°F