Visitors can enjoy all that Wakkanai has to offer including the coffeehouses, aquarium, and monuments. Tourists can also enjoy the city's parks and seafood restaurants.
- There are 10 hotels and other accommodations in Wakkanai
- The closest major airport is in Wakkanai (WKJ), 5.6 mi (8.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Rishiri (RIS), 27.4 mi (44.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Wakkanai
Attractions like Wakkanai Noshappu Aquarium and Soya Misaki are fun for everyone, not just kids. The city's natural beauty is on display at Wakkanai Park, Friendship Park, and Lake Onuma. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Hokumon Shrine and Shingonji Temple.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 10 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Wakkanai. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Dormy Inn Wakkanai Natural Hot Spring - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a sauna and parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- ANA Crowne Plaza Wakkanai - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 3.5-star hotel features 2 restaurants, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Hotel Okabe Shiosaitei - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a 24-hour front desk, along with free WiFi.
Dressing for Wakkanai
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 38°F and the nighttime average to be -4°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 66°F during the day and 22°F at night
- July through September averages 73°F during the day and 40°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 59°F during the day and 5°F at night
- About 0.94 inches of rain falls on Wakkanai each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 70°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 1°F