Travelers to Wankendorf will find plenty to explore and enjoy. There are 141 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Luebeck (LBC), 30.6 mi (49.3 km) from the city center. The next closest is in Hamburg (HAM), 34.9 mi (56.2 km) away.
Sightseeing and Staying in Wankendorf
Places to visit in the larger region include Museum for Geological History, Langenrader Windmuehle, and Bordesholm Monastery. Additionally, you'll find Water Tower and Gerisch Sculpture Park in the area.
As you start planning your visit to Wankendorf, your ideal accommodation may not be centrally located but there are 22 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Listed here are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Centro Hotel Consul is 13.4 mi (21.6 km) from central Wankendorf. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Kiel can enjoy access to free breakfast and parking, along with free WiFi.
- IntercityHotel Kiel is 13.1 mi (21.1 km) from the center of Wankendorf. This 3.5-star hotel in Kiel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and a bar. Our customers like its central location and helpful staff.
- Novum Akademiehotel Kiel is located 14.5 mi (23.3 km) from the heart of Wankendorf. This hotel in Kiel features free WiFi and parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its central location and helpful staff.
Dressing for Wankendorf
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 49°F during the day and 28°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 70°F, while the average at night is 34°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 73°F with nighttime averages of 46°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 49°F and nighttime averages of 29°F
- Wankendorf gets about 25.51 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 71°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 28°F