Visitors can enjoy all that Wenchang has to offer including the mountain views and temples. The tucked away and quaint setting also entices those visiting the city.
- There are 9 hotels and other accommodations in Wenchang
- The closest major airport is in Haikou (HAK-Meilan Intl.), 25.9 mi (41.7 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Wenchang
The city's natural beauty is on display at Tongguling National Nature Reserve, Da'ao Bay, and Dongjiao Beach. Additionally, you can explore the sights and enjoy the activities in the larger area.
As you start planning for your getaway to Wenchang, you might not find an accommodation in the heart of city, but you can select from 12 lodging options within the bigger area. Below are places to stay in the region:
- Hilton Wenchang is 16.1 mi (26 km) from the center of Wenchang. This 4.5-star hotel in Wenchang features 2 outdoor pools, a casino, and 3 restaurants.
- Wyndham Grand Plaza Royale Wenchang is 16.2 mi (26.1 km) from central Wenchang. This 4-star hotel in Wenchang features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Days Hotel & Suites Venice Nanguo is located 21.3 mi (34.2 km) from the heart of Wenchang. This 3.5-star hotel in Wenchang features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free parking.
Dressing for Wenchang
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 82°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 60°F
- From April to June, the average is 91°F during the day and 69°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 91°F during the day and 74°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 85°F as the daytime average and 61°F as the nighttime average
- Wenchang gets about 1.93 inches of rain per year
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 91°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 61°F