Visitors to Wise are sure to enjoy the restaurants and bars. Tourists can also enjoy the city's shopping, mountain views, and university setting.
- There are 2 hotels and other accommodations in Wise
- The closest major airport is in Tri-Cities, TN (TRI-Tri-Cities Regional), 35.6 mi (57.3 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Wise
A favorite place to visit in the city is Big Glades Community Square & Amphitheater. You'll also find University of Virginia's College at Wise and High Knob in the area.
This is a top rated place to stay based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Inn at Wise - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Wise
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 60°F during the day and 24°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 80°F, while the average at night is 39°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 80°F with nighttime averages of 49°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 70°F and nighttime averages of 25°F
- Wise gets about 47.99 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 80°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 26°F