History buffs will enjoy exploring Abingdon, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its theaters, entertainment choices, and shopping.
- You'll find 36 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Bristol
- The closest major airport is in Abingdon, VA (VJI-Virginia Highlands), 3.5 mi (5.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Tri-Cities, TN (TRI-Tri-Cities Regional), 28.6 mi (46 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Abingdon
The city is well known for its theaters and opera, and cultural venues include The Arts Depot, Barter Theater, and William King Museum. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the hiking trails and such places to visit as Virginia Creeper Trail Abingdon and Jefferson National Forest. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Fields-Penn House and Harry L. Coomes Recreation Center.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 15 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Abingdon. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Abingdon - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and comfortable beds.
- The Martha Washington Inn And Spa - Our customers like the dining options and pool at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a golf course, along with free WiFi.
- Summerfield Inn - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
Dressing for Abingdon
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 61°F and the nighttime average to be 23°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 84°F during the day and 36°F at night
- July through September averages 84°F during the day and 47°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 73°F during the day and 23°F at night
- About 45.63 inches of rain falls on Abingdon each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 84°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 25°F