Families will find kid-friendly activities in Bristol, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants and shopping. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its entertainment choices, theaters, and sporting events. A top sight in the city is Jefferson National Forest.
- There are 46 hotels and other accommodations in Bristol
- The closest major airport is in Abingdon, VA (VJI-Virginia Highlands), 7.6 mi (12.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Tri-Cities, TN (TRI-Tri-Cities Regional), 17.6 mi (28.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Bristol
The city is well known for its theaters and opera, and cultural venues include Barter Theatre, Birthplace of Country Music Museum, and William King Museum. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the hiking trails and these places to visit: Jefferson National Forest, Virginia Creeper Trail Abingdon, and Mount Rogers National Recreation Area. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Bristol Mall is a favorite for retail therapy.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 46 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Bristol. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Bristol Hotel - This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and a 24-hour fitness center. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and helpful staff.
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Abingdon - Our customers like the breakfast and comfortable, quiet rooms at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Abingdon, VA - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and pool.
One of the top places to see in the surrounding area is Bristol Motor Speedway, 9.8 mi/15.8 km from the center of the city.
Dressing for Bristol
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 61°F during the day and 23°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 84°F, while the average at night is 36°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 84°F with nighttime averages of 47°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 73°F and nighttime averages of 23°F
- Average annual rainfall for Bristol is 45.63 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 84°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 25°F