Visitors can enjoy all that Woodlands has to offer including its wineries. There are 61 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Wollongong, NSW (WOL-Illawarra Regional), 23.9 mi (38.5 km) from the city center. The next closest is in Sydney, NSW (SYD-Kingsford Smith Intl.), 54.6 mi (87.9 km) away.
Sightseeing and Staying in Woodlands
A couple of favorite places to visit are Bou-saada Vineyard and Wines and Artemis Wines. You'll also find Centennial Vineyards and Mount Jellore Lookout in the area.
As you start planning your visit to Woodlands, your ideal accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but you'll find 29 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Listed here are places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- Peppers Craigieburn is located within 3.7 mi (5.9 km) of the city center. This 4.5-star hotel in Bowral features a golf course, a restaurant, and free parking. Our customers like its pool and quiet location.
- Gibraltar Hotel Bowral is located 3.5 mi (5.7 km) from the city center. This 4.5-star hotel in Bowral features a full-service spa, a golf course, and a restaurant. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its quiet location and room size.
- Berida Hotel is 4.9 mi (8 km) from the city's heart. Guests who stay at this 4-star guesthouse in Bowral can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and central location.
Dressing for Woodlands
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 78°F during the day and 58°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 73°F, while the average at night is 45°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 67°F with nighttime averages of 42°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 78°F and nighttime averages of 49°F
- About 34.88 inches of rain falls on Woodlands each year
- Usually December and November are the hottest months with an average of 78°F, whereas July and August are often coldest, averaging 44°F