Travelers to Yangon give high marks for the temples, lakeside setting, and Chinatown. Culturally-rich and quaint, this city also attracts tourists with its sightseeing tours.
- There are 270 hotels and other accommodations in Yangon
- The closest major airport is in Yangon (RGN-Yangon Intl.), 3.2 mi (5.2 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Yangon
Cultural venues in the city include Myanmar Gems Museum, National Museum of Myanmar, and Yangon National Theatre. Its temples and Chinatown are notable and landmarks include Kaba Aye Pagoda, Kyauk Taw Gyi Pagoda, and Chaukhtatgyi Pagoda. Sightseeing is a top activity, and Botahtaung Jetty is one place to visit.
In Yangon, there are 270 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday getaway. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Belmond Governor's Residence - This 5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and quiet location.
- Pullman Yangon Centrepoint - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 4.5-star hotel in Yangon downtown can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Lotte Hotel Yangon - Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Hlaing can enjoy access to 3 restaurants and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its bar and comfortable rooms.
Getting Around Yangon
To see more of the larger area, hop aboard a train at Yangon Central Railway Station. Yangon might not have very many public transit options so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Yangon
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 99°F during the day and 63°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 99°F, while the average at night is 73°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 89°F with nighttime averages of 73°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 91°F and nighttime averages of 63°F
- Yangon gets about 3.90 inches of rain per year
- Usually March and April are the hottest months with an average of 97°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 64°F