Visitors to Yomitan are sure to enjoy the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its aquarium. A top sight in the area is Ikei Island.
- You'll find 727 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Okinawa
- The closest major airport is in Naha (OKA), 14.6 mi (23.5 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Yomitan
Attractions like Murasakimura and Sango Batake are fun for everyone, not just kids. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Nirai Beach, Toguchi Beach, and Zanpa Beach. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Yomitan Cultural Center and Yamuchinnosato.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 29 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Yomitan. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Riverside Cottage YOMITAN - Located in Furugen, this 3-star cottage features a kitchen, free WiFi, and a refrigerator.
- Milk-ya Women-Only Guest House - With a stay at this 2-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a terrace, along with free WiFi.
- Hotel Nikko Alivila - With a stay at this 4.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 5 restaurants and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and proximity to shopping.
One of the popular sights in the surrounding area is Ikei Island, located 15.4 mi (24.8 km) from the city center.
Dressing for Yomitan
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 73°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 54°F
- From April to June, the average is 87°F during the day and 63°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 89°F during the day and 74°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 84°F as the daytime average and 58°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Yomitan is 50.75 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 87°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 56°F