Visitors to Aguascalientes are sure to enjoy the festivals, bars, and shopping. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cafés, museums, and cathedral. Top sights in the city include National Museum of Death, Catedral Basilica de Nuestra Senora de la Asuncion, and San Marcos Fair.
- There are 72 hotels and other accommodations in Aguascalientes
- The closest major airport is in Aguascalientes, Aguascalientes (AGU-Licenciado Jesus Teran Peredo Intl.), 18.1 mi (29.1 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Aguascalientes
Well-known for its festivals, the city's cultural venues include National Museum of Death, Discover Interactive Museum of Science and Technology, and Aguascalientes Museum. Attractions like Tres Centurias Park, Malpaso Dam, and Oasis Aquatic Park are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for landmarks like Catedral Basilica de Nuestra Senora de la Asuncion, Plaza en Aguascalientes, and Cristo Roto Sanctuary.
In Aguascalientes, you'll be able to select from 72 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hotel Alesia Boutique - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and pool.
- Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Aguascalientes - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Hotel Real Plaza Aguascalientes - This 3.5-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its dining options and overall value.
Other top sights in Aguascalientes include San Marcos Fair.
Getting Around Aguascalientes
If you want to explore the larger area, hop on a train at Aguascalientes Station. Aguascalientes may not have many public transportation choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Aguascalientes
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 81°F and the nighttime average to be 41°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 85°F during the day and 50°F at night
- July through September averages 79°F during the day and 55°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 74°F during the day and 42°F at night
- About 49.33 inches of rain falls on Aguascalientes each year
- Hottest months are usually May and April with an average temperature of 83°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 42°F