Visitors to Aix-les-Bains are sure to enjoy the ski areas, mountain views, and spas. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its casinos. Top sights in the city include Abbaye d'Hautecombe, Elephants Fountain, and Chateau de Chambery.
- There are 235 hotels and other accommodations in Aix-les-Bains
- The closest major airport is in Chambery (CMF-Chambery - Savoie), 4.1 mi (6.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Grenoble (GNB-Grenoble - Isere), 36.3 mi (58.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Aix-les-Bains
Cultural venues in the city include Musee des Charmettes, Faure Museum, and Espace Malraux. The city is notable for landmarks like Abbaye d'Hautecombe, Elephants Fountain, and Chateau de Chambery. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the mountain views and these places to visit: Chartreuse National Park, Lake Bourget, and Lac d'Aiguebelette.
In Aix-les-Bains, you'll be able to select from 235 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday getaway. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Petit Hôtel Confidentiel - This 5-star hotel features an indoor pool, free WiFi, and a fitness center. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and comfortable beds.
- Le Chateau De Candie - Our customers like the dining options and breakfast at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features 2 restaurants, free breakfast, and an outdoor pool.
- Chateau des Comtes de Challes - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and quiet location.
Other top sights in Aix-les-Bains include Carre Curial. Outside the city, popular places to visit include Montrottier Castle, located 15.4 mi (24.8 km) from the heart of the city, and Lake Annecy, which is 17 mi (27.3 km) away.
Getting Around Aix-les-Bains
If you'd like to explore more of the area, ride aboard a train from Aix-les-Bains Station, Grésy-sur-Aix Station, or Viviers du Lac Station. Aix-les-Bains may not have many public transit options so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Aix-les-Bains
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 57°F and the nighttime average to be 30°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 78°F during the day and 39°F at night
- July through September averages 82°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 66°F during the day and 31°F at night
- About 1.18 inches of rain falls on Aix-les-Bains each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 80°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 31°F