Visitors to Akureyri are sure to enjoy the northern lights, local tours, and shopping. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cafés and museums.
- There are 67 hotels and other accommodations in Akureyri
- The closest major airport is in Akureyri (AEY), 1.9 mi (3.1 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Akureyri
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the northern lights and such places to visit as Akureyri Botanical Garden and Sulur. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Akureyri Church and Jon Sveinsson Museum.
In Akureyri, you'll find 67 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday getaway. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- K16 apartments - Amenities at this 3.5-star apartment include free WiFi and free parking. Expedia travelers love its overall value and WiFi.
- Viking Cottages and Apartments - Our customers like the overall value and comfortable beds at this apartment. With a stay at this 3.5-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a terrace, along with free WiFi.
- Ice Apartments Akureyri - Amenities at this 3.5-star apartment include free WiFi and a terrace. Expedia customers love its central location and high-quality beds.
Dressing for Akureyri
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 36°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 25°F
- From April to June, the average is 57°F during the day and 28°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 57°F during the day and 36°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 44°F as the daytime average and 25°F as the nighttime average
- About 1.18 inches of rain falls on Akureyri each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 56°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 25°F