Visiting Alert Bay
Visitors can enjoy all that Alert Bay has to offer including its waterfront. This city also attracts tourists with its culturally-rich and tucked away setting.
- There are 3 hotels and other accommodations in Alert Bay
- The closest major airport is in Port McNeil, BC (YMP), 4.9 mi (7.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Greenway Sound, BC (YGN), 18.5 mi (29.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Alert Bay
A favorite place to visit in the city is Alert Bay Ferry Terminal. You'll also find Cormorant Channel Marine Provincial Park and Malcolm Island in the area.
Below is a top place to stay based on Expedia user reviews:
- Bayside Inn - This 2.5-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and WiFi.
Dressing for Alert Bay
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 51°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 34°F
- From April to June, the average is 62°F during the day and 37°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 66°F during the day and 44°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 57°F as the daytime average and 34°F as the nighttime average
- Alert Bay gets about 1.85 inches of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 64°F, while December and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 34°F