Visiting Beaver Cove
Travelers to Beaver Cove will find plenty to explore and enjoy. There are 9 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Port McNeil, BC (YMP), 9 mi (14.5 km) from the city center. The next closest is in Greenway Sound, BC (YGN), 22.6 mi (36.4 km) away.
Sightseeing and Staying in Beaver Cove
Places to visit in the larger region include Cormorant Channel Marine Provincial Park, Alert Bay Ferry Terminal, and Malcolm Island. In the area, you'll also find Sointula Ferry Terminal and Sointula Museum.
As you plan your trip to Beaver Cove, you might not find accommodations centrally located, but you can select from 9 lodging options within the bigger area. Here are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Sportsman's Inn on the Harbour Front is located 12 mi (19.2 km) from the heart of Beaver Cove. Guests who stay at this 2-star hotel in Port McNeill can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with an in-room sofa bed. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and room size.
- McNeills Inn on the Harbour Front is 11.9 mi (19.2 km) from the center of Beaver Cove. This 2.5-star motel in Port McNeill features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its comfortable rooms and walkable location.
- Telegraph Cove Resort is 1.7 mi (2.8 km) from central Beaver Cove. This 2.5-star motel in Telegraph Cove features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking.
Dressing for Beaver Cove
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 51°F and the nighttime average to be 34°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 62°F during the day and 37°F at night
- July through September averages 66°F during the day and 44°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 57°F during the day and 34°F at night
- About 1.85 inches of rain falls on Beaver Cove each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 64°F, while the coldest months are December and February with an average of 34°F