Visiting Algonquin Park
Visitors can enjoy all that Algonquin Park has to offer including the parks and museums. There are 13 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area.
Sightseeing and Staying in Algonquin Park
The city's natural beauty is on display at West Gate of Algonquin Park, Algonquin Visitor Centre, and Algonquin Provincial Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Algonquin Art Centre and Tea Lake Dam Picnic Area.
As you plan your trip to Algonquin Park, you might not find accommodations centrally located, but you can select from 13 lodging options within the bigger area. Here are places to stay in the area:
- Deerhurst Resort is located 28.3 mi (45.6 km) from the heart of Algonquin Park. This 3.5-star resort in Huntsville features 2 outdoor pools, a full-service spa, and a private beach. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and convenient parking.
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Huntsville is 32.6 mi (52.5 km) from central Algonquin Park. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Huntsville can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its proximity to shopping and clean, quiet rooms.
- Hidden Valley Resort, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member is 27.8 mi (44.7 km) from the center of Algonquin Park. Guests who stay at this 3-star resort in Huntsville can enjoy access to a private beach and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and beach locale.
Dressing for Algonquin Park
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 38°F and the nighttime average to be -3°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 71°F during the day and 19°F at night
- July through September averages 73°F during the day and 37°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 55°F during the day and 0°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Algonquin Park is 1.30 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 70°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of -1°F