Visitors can enjoy all that Altenau has to offer including the riverfront, mountain views, and monuments. This city also attracts tourists with its quaint and scenic setting.
- There are 27 hotels and other accommodations in Altenau
- The closest major airport is in Hecklingen (CSO-Magdeburg - Cochstedt), 41.4 mi (66.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Hannover (HAJ), 55.8 mi (89.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Altenau
Places to visit in the larger region include Oker Dam, Harz National Park, and Mines of Rammelsberg. In the area, you'll also find Harz Golf Club and Brocken.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 27 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Altenau. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Torfhaus HARZRESORT - This 4-star hotel features 2 restaurants, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and helpful staff.
- Hotel & Hostel Drei Bären - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to the ski slopes and free parking, along with free WiFi.
Dressing for Altenau
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 48°F and the nighttime average to be 26°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 70°F during the day and 34°F at night
- July through September averages 70°F during the day and 44°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 57°F during the day and 28°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Altenau is 0.87 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 69°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 27°F