Visitors can enjoy all that Amakusa has to offer including the breweries, seafood restaurants, and seaside. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its local tours.
- There are 7 hotels and other accommodations in Amakusa
- The closest major airport is in Amakusa (AXJ), 6.9 mi (11.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Nagasaki (NGS), 38.8 mi (62.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Amakusa
Cultural venues in the city include Amakusa Christian Museum, Amakusa Koregio Museum, and Goshoura Cretaceous Period Museum. The picturesque setting of Jusambutsu Park and Tomiyama Park exemplify the city's natural beauty. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Tomioka Castle and Ushibuka Haiya Bridge.
As you plan your trip to Amakusa, you might not find accommodations centrally located, but you can choose from 27 hotels and other lodging options within the larger area. Here are places to stay in the area:
- AMAKUSA PRINCE HOTEL is located 5.8 mi (9.3 km) from the heart of Amakusa. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star ryokan in Amakusa can enjoy access to free parking and free airport pick-up, along with an in-room deep soaking tub.
- Garasha is 8 mi (13 km) from the center of Amakusa. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star ryokan in Amakusa can enjoy access to free parking and self-service laundry, along with free WiFi.
- Minshuku Pearl is 5.7 mi (9.1 km) from central Amakusa. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Amakusa can enjoy access to free parking and in-room flat-screen TVs.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Oura Church, located 28.8 mi (46.4 km) from the heart of the city, and Confucius Shrine, which is 28.8 mi (46.4 km) away.
Dressing for Amakusa
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 61°F and the nighttime average to be 36°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 81°F during the day and 45°F at night
- July through September averages 88°F during the day and 63°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 76°F during the day and 38°F at night
- Amakusa gets about 75.35 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 85°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 37°F