Visiting Apollo Beach
Visitors can enjoy all that Apollo Beach has to offer including the beaches and theaters. Salvador Dali Museum, Tampa Bay History Center, and Port of Tampa are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 509 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Tampa
- The closest major airport is in Tampa, FL (TPF-Peter O. Knight), 10.2 mi (16.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in St. Petersburg, FL (SPG-Albert Whitted), 13.7 mi (22.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Apollo Beach
A favorite place to visit in the city is Manatee Viewing Center. Additionally, in the area you'll find Salvador Dali Museum and Tampa Bay History Center.
As you start planning your visit to Apollo Beach, your ideal accommodation may not be in the city center but there are 97 hotels and lodging options locally. These are some places where you might want to stay:
- There are 6 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Sun City Center, and sights to visit include Sun City Center Library and Cypress Golf Club
- There are 63 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Ruskin, and sights to visit include E.G. Simmons Regional Park and Camp Bayou Nature Preserve
Popular places to visit in the area include Port of Tampa, 12.3 mi/19.7 km from the city center, and Tampa Convention Center, which is 12.3 mi (19.8 km) away.
Dressing for Apollo Beach
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 78°F during the day and 51°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 90°F, while the average at night is 60°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 90°F with nighttime averages of 72°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 87°F and nighttime averages of 52°F
- About 1.89 inches of rain falls on Apollo Beach each year
- Usually June and July are the hottest months with an average of 90°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 53°F